National and Statewide Initiatives
We are here for South Georgia, but we work with others across the state and country to bring even more benefit to our area.
Horizons works with the following organizations:
- National Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Roundtable. We are a leader in the national “80 by 18” campaign; the goal is for 80% of those needing CRC screening to be screened by 2018.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Recognized for our programs. See “Awards & Recognition”
- National Cancer Institute. Recognized for our programs. See “Awards & Recognition”
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Recognized for our programs. See “Awards & Recognition”
- United States Congress and Georgia Governor’s Office and State Legislature. We advocate for and serve as a voice for our communities.
- Georgia Cancer Control Consortium/ Georgia Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan. We are leaders in determining and implementing the state’s cancer priorities.
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Department of Community Health
- Emory University, Augusta University/Medical College of Georgia, Mercer University, Albany State University, Georgia Southern University, Georgia State University and others. We bring university expertise and funding to conduct research locally
- Council of Regional Cancer Coalitions of Georgia
- Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia